Sunday, July 28, 2013

Random Thought (July 19, 2013 at 09:31PM)

Random Thought 410



I know this may sound biased because I'm regular reader of the manga since its release in April 2011, but I really think that from all of my summer watchlist, Silver Spoon is still the best this season for me. I just like the fact that it's very unique, educational, and very refreshing. It has no serious and complicated plot and no fanservice whatsoever. It's just there to relax you from the very stressful week. I don't like people comparing this to Hiromu Arakawa's previous well known manga/anime, Fullmetal Alchemist. Their genre is very different to provide a very fair comparison. I agree that FMA is one of the most clever anime ever told (in fact it's my most favorite anime of all time) but that doesn't mean that Silver Spoon isn't that great. In being slice-of-life genre, Silver Spoon can be considered one of the best in this area by showing something a slice-of-life show has never shown before. It's great to see that this show features things that you rarely see anymore, in this case living in an agricultural life. You just realize that although it's very hard to live in that way, they can still be very enjoyable to do by the end of the day. Truth be told, when I was a child, I dreamed that someday I'll be able to ride a horse even just once in my life and this anime/manga made me remember that dream.




#ginsaji



#RTNotes



via |
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment