Monday, July 22, 2013

Full, Metal, Alchemist

It's been long since I want to review the anime but there's always something get in the way. This is suitable time anyway since I have nothing to post on. Apparently, I don't watch the original FullMetal Alchemist and read any of its mangaand watched the movie. I have the PS2 game though which I think I'm only played the first one (Still haven't finish them yet) and I missed the second installments. The gameplay is not bad which Elric can alchemise a spear from nowhere. Anyway, original FMA the animation wasn't following its manga counterpart from I heard and hence its sudden end? Years later, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood came and it retains most of the original seiyu. FMA: Brotherhood, unlike its predecessor, followed its manga counterpart. Maybe there is fillers somewhere but it isn't noticeable that much.



Call him Shorty shorty shortsee what going on later




The story starts off with two brothers, Elric Edward and Alphonse Edward on a mission to stop any illegal movement of alchemy as Elric already been a State Alchemy and after a few missions, they found an alchemist who did control the whole town with a Philosopher's Stone which is the brothers original goal. They lost their mother and they decided to resurrect their mother through something like illegal alchemy. Not only they failed to bring their mother back to life, they also have to paid the prices for doing the transmutation. Elric for his hand while Alphonse lost his whole body. Philosopher Stone is believe to be a cure to recover what they lost. In order to recover the stone, the brothers have to face obstacles by obstacles mainly by a group of 7 which consists of Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Sloth and Pride. Along the way, Elric meets Scar, the survivor of his clan while the army of Amestris decided to annihilate the Ishbalan completely. After a while, it is discovered that King Bradley, the leader of Amestris has hidden agenda of attacking the Ishbalan. What are they? Is Philosopher's Stone has anything do to with the secrets of Amestris and Homonculi?



It can't get any serious than thiscan it?



The story told in the FMA: Brotherhood is nice as there is a dull moment, unlike any shonen anime. Sure they are emotional moment which, to be honest I really don't like them unless they do it right. That being said, they are balancing the action and the emotional scene really well. Maybe I don't like short emo scenes from any anime which is meaningless but like I said, the message behind them really make the difference, no matter how long it is. As for the quality, I can't say that much as they are very top notch in everything. There is one episode where the ending song really suits well with the scene. I don't remember which episode it was but the song was Let it All Out. I thought it was me only, but based on the comments, I'm not alone after all. The ending for FMA: Brotherhood could be done better but it was worth for 1 year span anime. I don't know if I can watch the first anime, unless it will be remaster some time. That about it.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment