Sunday, October 20, 2013

My five favorite anime!

1: Fullmetal Alchemist: It's actually hard to describe why I love this anime so much, as I haven't watched it in a few years. This is my favorite anime of all time because ofWell, just how perfect it is. It succeeds with flying colors at everything it attempts, which I can't say for it's more recent 'brother.' Whether it's expressing humor, drama, action, or all three at the same time, it never fails to impress me, no matter how many times I watch it. It takes place in a vast, epic, intricately-defined world,which is always a plus for me, and it definitely helps that we get a compelling and complex character to explore it with us. It's powerful, irresistible, and very well written/executed. I love it with all my heart.



2: Cardcaptor Sakura: This anime holds a special place in my heart, as it's the anime that got me into anime. Well, the cardcaptors dub did that, but I was too young to realize how shitty it was, and CCS is SO much better. It got me into fanfic writing, which, in turn, got me into writing in general. If I hadn't attached to it as hard, I probably wouldn't be in the middle of writing ascreenplay right now.




3: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: This anime is entertaining all the way down to it's core. But in addition, I love it for all the analyzing and speculating that I've been able to inflict upon it, and all five of the main characters are unbelievably fun to get invested in. Crispin Freeman's performance as Kyon is by far one of my favorite dub performances of all time, and the story is just so off-beat and eclectic that I just can't get enough of it. Hell, I can't imagine myself buying nine translated light novel volumes of any other series.



4: Princess Tutu: I love stories about story-telling, which is one of the many reasons that Big Fish is my favorite movie. Princess Tutu is a story about four distinct characters who eventually come to realize the fact that they're characters in an unfinished story, with fates they must adhere to. And they rebel hard, fighting to evolve beyond the boundaries that they're not supposed to have any control over, throwing flawless drama and humor at us all the while. It's feels on an epic scale.



5: Cowboy Bebop: Do I even need to explain this one? It's fucking Cowboy Bebop.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment