Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Art Inspiration

I haven't always been into drawing, but I always loved art class. A few years ago I was really inspired by my friends to start drawing on my own time. They all had beautiful drawings of people and outfits that they had made up completely on their own and I really wanted to learn how to do that. So during history class I started doodling some characters from Avatar the Last Airbender, a cartoon that I was really into at the time. They were so bad I can't even tell you, everything was out of proportion and the only thing that even remotely looked good was the eyes which I had learned how to do by looking at a picture of one of the characters eyes. I didn't realize that looking at the picture really helped until later. My art teacher when I spent my year in Italy really helped me as well. Every week we had to do a drawing of something different, of course it was assigned but it was loose so you could still have options of what you wanted to draw. This really helped me with more than I can say.



The next year when I had gone to a new school I started copying pictures of characters that I liked from animated movies and cartoons. I enjoyed doing it and had gotten compliments on some of my drawings as well. During the year Art was my absolute favorite class of all time. It was one of the rare classes that had all of my friends and we did so many things in class that improved my techniques for my drawings. I don't think I would be nearly as good as I am now without my teacher's help. I would always go to him for advice on my drawings and he was always more than happy to help. I've learned so much from him I will never be able to thank him enough. :)




Over this past summer I've been doing more drawing then ever. I would draw in the car (with difficulty) and at home and whenever I got the chance. I was limited to drawing pictures of characters that already existed though, every time I tried to draw a character of my own it would looked messed up and strange and I never knew how to fix it. But then I found a picture of an anime girl and I thought it was really pretty so I decided to draw it, and it turned out better than I thought it would. After that I was really obsessed with drawing anime style and eventually found videos that taught you how to draw in that style, and over time I became better and started to draw my own people. One example is my previous post called . I had learned how to do a variation of this by a guy named Mark Crilley who draws manga characters and is an author of manga comics. I only started drawing my own stuff recently so I don't have too many. I usually draw my own version of other people' s fan art. My favorite one is a girl from Ukraine who draws Percy Jackson, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Fullmetal Alchemist art her stage name is . She has also really inspired me to draw my own things, I am very thankful for everyone who has helped me with my art abilities and I can never thank them enough.



This is a drawing of mine based off of a picture I found.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment