Thursday, December 19, 2013

Toy showcase: Medicom Fullmetal Alchemist

It's not often an anime series has me hooked. I'm the sort that stubbornly sticks to a few favourites, but Fullmetal Alchemist ranks among my them. The figures I have are a lot of fun too.



One thing I've learned by now is that high end figures of this sort come with plenty of alternate hands. This is great for creating all sorts of poses and the figures are well articulated for hours of fun. Of course, these are high end collectibles so make that hours of careful fun.




It's hard to put a finger on what scale they belong to. Medicom seem to not follow the standard 1:6 scale. This is frustrating if you want to display them next to your Hot Toys or Sideshow figures. You end up with Darth Vader looking hilariously small standing next to Batman. Since Edward and Alphonse are anime characters, I guess it's not so bad.



Ed comes complete with his signature red coat (the fabric has a nice feel to it). His outfit is quite nifty. I wish I could pull off black leather pants the way he does. Al doesn't wear clothes, obviously, but they did a good job with the metallic paint on his armour. Distinctive but not too shiny.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment