Thursday, December 19, 2013

Fullmetal Obsession

Remember how awhile ago when I did a post on my favorite animes? Definitely have a new favorite. Fullmetal Alchemist was a favorite to begin with, but for the past two days I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood non stop. I'm already on season 3 (which is not normal). It's my new obsession, and it's much better than the original series. Brotherhood, from my understanding, is meant to follow the manga a lot more closely than the original series did.



If you've seen the original, then you know how it ends. I think everyone can agree that the ending was weird. I watched it a long time ago, so the major events and most of the story are lost to me, but I remember enough to see the similarities between the original and Brotherhood. I've never read the manga, so I can't talk about similarities and differences within Brotherhood when compared to it.




Since it has been awhile, I don't remember voice actors vividly. However, I do know some voices are different. Al's voice actor has changed, but it's a good change. This voice suits Al more. I don't think any other big characters have had voice changes.



Another big difference I've noticed between the original and Brotherhood is the relationship between Ed and Winry. In Brotherhood, their relationship is shown a lot more and we're able to see it progress faster, because we all know that the original series took a while to finish. I believe the character Hughes died in the 20s (episodes) but he died I think in episode 6 (season 1) in Brotherhood. So obviously, Brotherhood is a lot faster (in a good way) and there are no filler episodes (so far).



I just know that Brotherhood is really great. It's more intense, the story is more powerful, but the lessons learned from the original series is still the same. Brotherhood and the original series will always be an anime favorite of mine.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment