Saturday, December 28, 2013

Random Thought (December 28, 2013 at 11:13PM)

Random Thought 568



Since Winter Anime Season 2014 is coming next week, I think it's the right time for me to reveal my picks this coming season. More than half of my picks are plainly based on my anticipation due to the fact that I am already familiar with their source material. The rest would be by thoroughly reading their synopsis and watching the PVs. Without further ado here is my potential but still tentative Winter 2014 watch list:




1. Nisekoi (starts 11 Jan) #Nisekoi

This is my most anticipated anime this season. It is produced by animation studio shaft who is well known for the anime Bakemonogatari and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It has great cast of voice actors as well as the opening theme will be performed by girl pop duo ClariS. Just looking at the staff behind this anime makes it already very promising. I am currently updated to its manga source material so I can fairly give this anime a good review. Lately, the manga hasn't making any progress with the story as every new chapters are episodic fillers but still it never ceases to entertain me.



2. Silver Spoon 2nd Season (starts 10 Jan) #GinSaji

No need to explain why this is in my watch list. It's the continuation of the first Silver Spoon anime that aired in the summer season of this year. Just like Nisekoi, I'm also following this manga from the moment it was first published. I don't know how many times I've said it but Silver Spoon was also created by the person who brought life to Fullmetal Alchemist, Arakawa-sensei.



3. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren (starts 09 Jan) #Chu2Koi

Also, no need to explain why I added this in my list. I only watched the first season not too long ago. I liked it so that's more than enough reason why this cannot be left without being in my watch list this season.



4. Space Dandy (starts 05 Jan) #SpaceDandy

For most people, this is probably the most anticipated of all the anime this season. The director for this anime was none other the one who did Cowboy Bebop. Also, Animax is simulcasting this anime the same time as Japan broadcast, so it's already an automatic inclusion to my watch list. Space Dandy is also set to have its world premiere in the US on Toonami a day before it airs in Japan, and it will be aired in English dub which is a first in my knowledge. I still don't know whether Animax will air it subbed or dubbed but based on the commercial it's probably subbed.



5. Hamatora The Animation (starts 08 Jan) #Hamatora

This is one of the two anime I only picked based on reading the synopsis and watching the PVs. I've been staying away from action anime since the summer season and I have decided to change my genre this season so I picked this one up. This anime kind of reminds me of Durarara!! probably because of the art and the anime revolves in a city, probably Tokyo. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like the crappy anime "K".



6. Noragami (starts 06 Jan) #Noragami

This is the second anime I picked out of reading the synopsis and watching the PVs. One thing that attracted me to watching this anime is that, the main character is a girl and it suggests that it wouldn't be a moe crap and a fanservice type of anime. Like Space Dandy, this anime is also done by studio Bones.



I didn't include the synopsis of the anime mentioned in this RT but if in anyway you are interested to know their synopsis, you can just go to this URL: , you might also get to discover some Winter 2014 anime that suit your interest.



Since this list is only tentative, there might be some changes in the near future. But rest assured I will try to complete all this shows and avoid dropping them as much as I can.



I didn't include the anime, "Wake Up, Girls!" in this list since I am still having second thoughts on whether it will suit me or not. It's about classical music so it kinda attracted me in some way. I'm just afraid that it might just turn out to be a usual moe cliche anime.



What are your picks this winter season? Please do share.



#RTNotes



anichart.net

AniChart | The Best Place For Finding Upcoming Anime | Winter - Spring - Summer - Fall - 2013 - Anime Charts



via |
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment