Friday, September 20, 2013

[Music Monday] Platinum Disco

I watched all of Bakemonogatari shortly before the Season Season started airing about seven weeks ago and I'm having trouble remembering a time where I have fallen so hard for a series like I did for Bake. Of course, I didn't stop there and I have now finished Nisemonogatari (it is interesting how it gets easier to spell the names of each series as you watch them. Who knew?) so I have no doubt anyone who has seen it will know this week's song!



. . . As if the title wasn't spoiler enough. /)-




(It is really, really hard to find a TV Size version of the song on Youtube. Like, impossible.



Platinum Disco! One of the many, many things that I love about the Monogatari series is the openings. Each girl (well, most of them, at the time of this writing) have their own opening throughout the series, with Senjougahara, Hachikuji, Kanbaru, Sengoku and Hanekawa getting theirs in Bake while Nise gives one more to Senjougahara and two to each of Araragi's sisters, Karen and Tsukihi.



As I haven't been hearing it for long, I'm still trying to make up my mind about Platinum Disco. , with the added animation just making you want to fall for Araragi's little younger sister. At the same time, it feels to me like it's trying too hard to be cute and bouncy. Maybe I just prefer , heh.



Even so, it's still a good song for Tsuhiki, and helps to add a mood to her arc near the end of Nisemonogatari. And if you enjoy, do check out the other openings (and endings)! After Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, the Monogatari series has the best OP and ED themes collections, I believe.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment