Monday, September 23, 2013

" Feelings can become genuine all by accident."-Hei (Darker than BLACK)

I'm a huge shipper. What can I say? A little romance when it's appropriate is really nice. And so, I've complied a few of my favorite anime couples. Some are canon, and some aren't. They are in no particular order despite the numbers because I couldn't POSSIBLY love one more than another:



1. SESSHOUMARU AND RIN (INUYASHA)




So what if it will only exist in fanfiction, this was my first OTP, and it's adorable. Portrayed in the right manner, I've seen spectacular representations of this couple. And who wouldn't love to see Sesshoumaru fall into his father's footsteps?



2. HOLO AND LAWRENCE (SPICE AND WOLF)



The wittiest wolf-girl and a flustered travelling merchant. Their "smart" flirting will have any fangirl blushing with excitement. I always wanted their relationship to be further explored, but the anime ended far too soon



3. HASEBE AND LUCY (SERVANT X SERVICE)



Began its air during the 2013 summer anime season, but by about the 4th episode I was completely hooked. Lucy, you naive girl, I hope before the series ends Hasebe finally gets your number! The poor guy puts on a goofy front, but he deserves a break more than anyone else.



4. KYOUYA AND HARUHI (OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB)



Another non-canon, but the endless possibilities on a relationship as complicated as their's would be is SO TEMPTING. Don't get me wrong, Tamaki is also one of my very favorite anime characters ever, but KyoHaru seems so much more dramatic, given that Kyouya is always bowing out and taking refuge in the shadows if it meant his best friend would be happy. In the manga Kyouya does mention he had a crush on Haruhi. I would have loved him to act on his feelings.



5. MIKETSUKAMI AND RIRICHIYO (INU X BOKU SS)



Every time I see artwork of them my heart clenches painfully. The anime is fantastic. The manga is also fantastic, but you quickly understand why the producers of the anime did not continue down the same plotline. Every chapter is very romantic and so full of angst I don't know why I continue to torture myself with it, but I frequently find myself with an empty box of tissues. I'm praying for a happy ending. For God's sake, if there is one couple that deserves to be together, it is Miketsukami and Ririchiyo. Seriously. LET THEM BE TOGETHER ALREADY. Stop jerking us around!



6. ALTO AND SHERYL (MACROSS FRONTIER)



Sorry Ranka fans. Technically Alto does not choose either girland the 2nd movie ended so horribly I don't really count it as canon. He does, however, date Sheryl in the main series, so I was thrilled with that. His experiences with her seemed so mature. He fell in love with Sheryl, but not for her name or fame. Watching him get so flustered with her advances was marvelous.



7. HEI AND MISAKI (DARKER THAN BLACK)



Chaseshipping FTW. Slightly one-sided on Misaki's part as hinted in Gemini of the Meteor. The ending (heck the whole 2nd season) was so terribly executed I'd like to imagine the events just stopped right before the whole Izanami nonsense. These two would have made an interesting pair.



8. MAYAMA AND RIKA (HONEY AND CLOVER)



I believe I'm in the minority when I say I love seeing these two together. Most people tend to favor Mayama with Yamada, or they hate Mayama altogether because he does not return Yamada's feelings. But the reality of it is you can't help who you fall in love with. This is another one of those shows with angst, a classic entwining love triangle. To me, it's really sweet that Mayama has moony eyes for Rika, who is crippled and cannot do many chores on her own, but he does not think of her as a burden. I believe he knows he can never replace Rika's deceased husband.



9. MUNAKATA AND AWASHIMA (K-PROJECT)



This is coming from a fandom that has mostly a yaoi following. As the Blue King, Munakata doesn't really have the option of dating anyone, and Awashima, his second-in-command, is too respectful of a person to ever consider swaying him from his destiny. At the very least, they have an unshakable loyalty to one another. And they look good together.



10. ROY MUSTANG AND RIZA HAWKEYE (FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST)



A pretty similar case to that of Munakata and Awashima: A man of greater ranking and the faithful woman who works under him, but unlike the prior pairing, the friendship between Mustang and Hawkeye is definite. At the end of the original FMA series (I'm in the process of watching Brotherhood) Mustang drops some serious hints that he has feelings for Hawkeye, and she so coolly stuffs his face with food to keep his mouth shut.



11. XERXES BREAK AND SHELLY RAINSWORTH (PANDORA HEARTS)



It was recently revealed in chapter 86 retrace that Shelly Rainsworth is deadwhich explains her absent through all the other 85 chaptersfinally. She had very poor health, but was described as one of the happiest people you'd ever meet. She turned an angry/depressed Kevin into the jolly clown we know today as Xerxes Break. It really was a romantic chapter, Break subconsciously calling Shelly's name as he believes he is going to die, but then remembers his promise to her and Sharon. It's been established from the very beginning that Break is going to die before the end of the mangabut I think Shelly has given him the strength to overcome fear.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment