Saturday, August 24, 2013

Apologizes + College Tips + WMW

Aloha everyone! I want to start with an apology. I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with the College Tips and just blogging on a regular basis. There are a few reasons for this. The first reason is that I'm currently in the process of moving from Hawai'i to Washington.



The second reason is that I'm also doing a collar blog with a long time friend of mines. You can check it out here:It's a bi-daily blog that revolves around photos and a few series of questions. We started this after being inspired by , which is simply AMAZING and I recommend everyone to give it a look. With that blog I've been losing track of my days and next thing you know I have to work the next day! It's been a hectic ride but I promise I won't slack off! So to compromise here is a FEW college tips and today's WMW!




WOWWIE MUSIC WEDNESDAYS: NICO TOUCHES THE WALLS



Nico Touches the Walls is probably the most odd name for a band. But don't let this stray you away from listening to their awesome music! I first heard of Nico Touches the Walls from a Naruto Opening way back when. I believe the song was called Broken Youth. This was from their 1st album which was released on 2008.09.24, so quiet a while back. Just recently I was able to get my hands on their newest album "Shout to the Walls!" and it's just amazing!

Nico Touches the Walls is comprised of 4 males to make this amazing band. The have been around since 2004 and had won an award at the Yamaha Teen Music festival at the time. They have been doing music for anime openings such as Naruto Shippuden and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. They're classified as rock or alternative rock and defiantly doing great at that. Their music just preaches to me and I love every bit of it. It's a step away from the typical pop and acoustic music I listen to and really gets me going. I listen to their songs when I'm driving home and traffic is just bad. I love to row my windows down and BLAST their album.

A few months ago I had discovered this video:



It's an acoustic version of Te Wo Tatake, and it's so addicting! I love their sound, it's like drugs I'm unable to sway off of.

The newest opening to Naruto Shippuden was also by Nico Touches the Walls called Niwaka Ame Nimo Makezu and it's simply AMAZIN.



If you want to learn more about Nico Touches the Walls check out their official website here:



COLLEGE TIPS: #3 SHOPPING FOR YOUR DORM



Dorm shopping can be one of the most difficult tasks on your college journey. Especially if you live out of state, and said state is across the ocean. . . My friend Tiffany always seems to make dorm life seem much more complicated than it seems. Hopefully I can share what I did to make things seem a bit more simple.

Here's what I did:

Coming from Hawai'i and migrating all the way to Washington was no easy feat. I took 3 suitcases and loaded it with my life. One contained clothes, the other had miscellaneous items such as towels and basic necessities. I knew that the tax in Seattle was 4x the amount in Hawai'i and buying items that were priced around the same it was better for me to get it in Hawai'i; towels, bedding, etc. The last suitcase had shoes and items I brought from work. I work at Bath & Body Works so I brought a lot of household and body care items. Did I need 3 suitcases? Probably not. Was it worth it? Sure.



After I got my items I had brought with me settled into my dorm I went shopping for everything else. I bought literally EVERYTHING else in Seattle. Many of which were bought as the year went on. Simple as that.

So what should you do?



1. I recommend getting some type of LIST. A lot of websites online even on Tumblr had various college dorm lists that you can refer to. I would suggest you sit down and compare lists, compile your own list and go from there. BED BATH & BEYOND HAS A GREAT LIST I WOULD RECOMMEND.



2. Keep track of what can be purchased in your new state and what should be brought from home. In addition to, look into online shopping. A lot of stores will have the option for you to PICK UP YOUR ITEMS AT A CERTAIN STORE AND HOPEFULLY ONE NEAR YOUR SCHOOL.



3. DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO BUYING FROM YOUR SCHOOL. Many times schools will offer these flyers to students that contain an easy way to purchase items from a company partnered with the school. These are always over-priced. I recommend NOT doing this.



4. NEED > WANT Get what you NEED first then shop for what you want. Many times College Freshman will fall into a WANT > NEED mentality because they are moving away from home. Think of what is a priority item that is very important for living, then get what will make you comfortable. Often times, these items won't be used by the end of your freshman year and you will regret the purchase.



5. Don't RUSH to purchase something. Rushing to buy everything for your dorm will result in over spending. I did this many times and regretted it whenever I saw a cheaper buy. I did multiple runs to stores to return items because I had gotten it for cheaper. Ask stores if you can put items on hold and compile a list of cheaper stores. Target and Walmart are decent priced for a lot of their dorm items. Bed Bath & Beyond is typically more expensive.



Hopefully these tips will help! If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll try to get back to you asap!



I apologize for my lazi-ness and hopefully this won't happen again! Stay tuned for more!! :) Thank you everyone.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment