Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Previously in 2013: Fandoms

After writing about my article, I wanted to share some thoughts on my favorite fandoms of last year. It was hard to make a choice, really. I discovered and liked so many different things in 2013. But here are some of my favorite and most memorable ones!



1) ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG : Assassin's Creed and Pirates, that's all I ever wanted.




2) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF : Never really played an Animal Crossing game before, and it actually took me months after the release to get sucked into it. Most played game on my 3DS and I would even say on any console this year.



3) ANIME/FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD: I'm saying anime in general because I think I've never watched so much anime in a year and enjoyed almost everything I watched (Shingeki no Kyojin, Watamote, Silver Spoon, Valvrave the Liberator, Kill la Kill, Free!, etc). But there is one 'older' anime I discovered last year: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. In only a few weeks, it managed to be one of my favorite series of all time. I can only recommend it and watch it again and again. Also ended up buying a lot of things (books, figures) of FMA but I still need to read the mangas.



4) THE HOBBIT : It's funny because I was obsessed with the Hobbit at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year once the new movie came out. This will probably not change with the last one. Always a pleasure to watch and read everything I can find about it!



5) THE LAST OF US: My game of the year. Enough said.



6) PACIFIC RIM: Not my game, but movie of the year. Tried to collect everything I could find about the movie. I simply loved it!



7) TV SHOWS: Like every year, I watch some shows (The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Revolution) and this year is not any different. I still really enjoy everything I watch. During the winter break, I finally discovered Arrow which I am obsessed with now.



8) IOS GAMES: Not sure if this really counts here, but since I got myself an iPad mini, I have been playing a lot of games on it, especially since I've been travelling a lot on a daily basis. iOS games are usually cheap but still really good, entertaining and perfect to play for a short while. Some of my favorite titles : Chaos Rings, Infinity Blade, Oceanhorn, Rayman Fiesta Run, Cytus, Deemo, Costume Quest, etc. Still have so many games I bought when they were really cheap or even free but haven't played yet.



9) THE WALKING DEAD: After the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead, I have been totally obsessed with the show for a while. I ended up buying the first compendium (nope, still not done reading it) to see how different and shocking the comics really are. I obviously also have to mention the game from Telltale Games, season 2 episode 1, which was recently released and I absolutely loved!



10) SOUNDTRACKS (NOT PICTURED): 2013 has been the year of awesome game, movie and anime OSTs. I have been listening to my favorite ones for so many hours each day and I am still not sick of it. Some of my favorites are: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Beyond: Two Souls, Kill la Kill, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Pacific Rim, Rayman Legends, Shingeki no Kyojin, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider and there are so many more I am forgetting now. But my favorite one is without a doubt the Shingeki no Kyojin one.



That's pretty much it for my favorite fandoms of 2013. I feel like I should have made a list of my favorite games of 2013 as well, but I couldn't really rank most of the games I've played. The Last of Us is my game of the year, followed by Bioshock Infinite, but I'm not sure about the other games. I really enjoyed Rayman Legends, Super Mario 3D World, Tomb Raider, Tearaway, Assassin's Creed 4, The Wolf Among Us, Pok mon X/Y, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and some more. But as I said, I can't really rank them so I'll just leave it like that for 2013. Maybe 2014 will make it easier for me to find a better top 10.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment