Thursday, January 9, 2014

Interests Research

I have done several different posts of the interests drawings. I've done mostly digital art for my interest drawings. I really enjoy it and so I figure I'll do something I enjoy if I have to draw and am given free reign. I haven't necessarily researched much, unless you count watching Avatar and playing Zelda as research. (If so, best research project ever.) I have watched a few videos on how to digital paint though, it is pretty different than normal painting, or any other style of art, really. I often went over the 30 minutes, because if I'm going to create art, I'm going to make it look good, no matter how long it's going to take. I'd rather take more time to create something awesome than take shorter time and leave it less cool.

My interests haven't changed all that much. But I used to be way into superheroes and stuff at the beginning of the year, but I'm not all that interested in them anymore. Also, since the Legend of Korra season 2 ended, my fire for Avatar has kind of dissipated, but not much. (Nerd alert)I got (and beat) the new Zelda game and Pokemon game, so I'm a little more interested in them at the moment. And my friend showed me this new anime series called Fullmetal Alchemist that I have probably spent too much time watching .So maybe my interests have changed a bit.

It's kind of tough to tell whether our interests choose us or if we choose them. On one hand, we like things because they appeal to us, but on the other, we wouldn't like them if they weren't interesting. You catch my drift? So it's difficult to determine whether we choose interests or if they choose us.


GDoc:

https://docs.google.com/a/mountainheightsacademy.org/document/d/1DJOl4don4jzIcHlAJxYNAdL6rS0iHkQzZfUTHir5pI4/edit?usp=sharing
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment